Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Family Introduction

With the exception of a few months that I lived in Illinois and a year that I lived near Fairbanks, Alaska, I have lived in the same neck-of-the-woods all of my life. . . .Up until November 4th 2006 when we moved about 4 hours north of our hometown. . .And We are loving it!!

I got married to my first husband at the age of 24, and for various, serious, reasons, it only lasted for 3 years. Funny though, well maybe not so funny, that 2 years after our divorce, we had a baby together. I consider my oldest to be my miracle child because he was my 5th pregnancy. I honestly did not believe that I would ever be able to have a baby. It was after the birth of my son that a very definite, clean and final break was made between me and my first husband. It was only right that boundaries were set in place so as not to confuse the baby.

H. & I lived alone together for 3 years with me only going out on the occasional date whenever his dad chose to take advantage his visitation rights. We were very happy and had a very set and comfortable routine together.

When H. was about 2 1/2 years old, I hired a friend and his son to mow my yard during the summer. One Friday evening after they had finished mowing my yard, my friend knocked on my front door to collect a check for his son. While I was writing out the check, he noticed that I had laid my crosstitching on my coffetable while I wrote the check. He looked at me and asked, "Do you mean to tell me that you have nothing better to do on a Friday Night than to crosstitch?" I said, "Nope . . .That's about it. LOL!" My friend asked me, "Would you like to meet a good man?" I said, "Sure! Are there Any Good Men?" To which he replied, "Yep, I know just the one."

Well . . .that was the extent of the conversation and I didn't think any more about it. BUT!!! . . . .The following Monday after I got home from work, my friend's wife called to informe me that we were going on a Double-Date together on Friday. I was Stunned, Shocked, Excited & TERRIFIED all at the same time. I asked her who my date was to be and she told me his name, R, and informed me that he would be calling me to confirm our plans.

R did infact call me to confirm our date and we talked for hours. As a matter of fact, we talked on the phone for hours every evening that week before we ever laid eyes on each other.

So . . . . .The big night had arrived!!! . . . .and I was nervous as a cat. It felt like I had a led ball in my stomach and my heart was beating WAY TOO FAST! Several times I contimplated calling my friends and canceling because I didn't feel well. LOL!

Then there was a knock at my front door . . . .OH MY GOSH . . .It was too late to cancel . . . .I HAD to open the door and go on this date . . . .DIDN'T I???

I composed myself the best that I could and I slowly opened the front door. OH WOW! What a Dream-Boat he was! Well . . . .No time to drool and pant over this Hottie standing in my doorway . . . .My friends arrived right after he did and it was time to leave.

We went to a very nice resturant and had a lovely time together, but being the shy person that I was, I did more listening than I did talking. This led R to believe that I didn't fancy him at all. BOY, He could not have been More Wrong!! LOL!

My friends made a conspicuous speedy exit right after returning to my house, leaving R and me all alone. We watched a little TV and talked just a little. Then R decided that it was time for him to leave. As I walked him to the door, he turned and looked at me and said, "I would kiss you goodnight if I didn't think that it would scare you to death. I played all Big-And-Bad and said, "Pfffft!!! . . . .Why on Earth would you think a goodnight kiss would scare me?" Well . . . .R took the hint very well and grabbed me and, boy-OH-boy, what a good night kiss he planted on ME!!!! I felt myself melt into a puddle! LOL!

Sooooo . . . .Now you know how we met. That first date occured in mid-September of 1997. We married on Saturday, December 13, 1997. Very quick courtship I know, and I wouldn't recommend it to most . . .but we just knew we were meant to be together. R is my very best friend and I love him even more today than I did when we got married over 9 years ago.

In 1999 we were blessed with the birth of our little girl D. and in that same year R adopted H. as his own. My older sister F. & I were pregnant with our lil girls at the same time, with my sister's daughter E. being born 2 months after D. It was so much FUN being pregnant together. . . .And the two girls are growing up more as sisters than as cousins.

We had the perfect lil family and couldn't be happier. Then in December of 2001 we were blessed with a happy lil surprise. LOL! We found out that I was pregnant with our youngest child, T. T. is 4 years old now and is ALL BOY!!! I didn't know a 4 year old could be so tough! LOL! And YES . . .he is spoiled and rules the roost! LMBO! Yes . . .he was our HAPPY lil surprise . . .but he should be our last surprise!

Other additions to our family include our 3 cats, (1 male orange tabby named Merlin, 1 male Black & Tan Tabby named Tigger AND 1 male Blue-Gray Longhair named Buddy) And 2 dogs, (1 male Yellow Lab named Duke AND 1 female Black & Silver Miniature Schnauzer named Bizzy). Can you tell that we are All animal Lovers? LOL!

Well . . .I think that takes care of all of the introductions. I will go into more detail about each of us at a later date.

Later Taters!!! LOL!

0 comments: