Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What Is This Country Coming To?

Today I see a portion of this country that is willing to avoid conflict at all cost. I fear that it will be to the point that the conflict comes to us . . .on Our soil . . .Again.

I remember on the day of 9 11, one of my first thoughts was, "Please, don't let these murderers get away with this. Please let us do Something in defense of ourselves and our country."

We Did fight back and are continuing to battle terrorism. . .BUT . . .what I and Most Americans did not realize at the time was that we were going to be fighting cowards who would never show their faces. Vermin who would strike and then run and hide, forcing us to hunt them down.

No, we are not fighting a traditional war here, but we are fighting because the terrorist have given us NO Choice. I, like most Americans do not like the thought of war. In My perfect world . . .there would be nothing but rainbows and cotton-candy clouds. BUT . . .what would today be like had we done NOTHING after 9 11? Any answer to that question, quite frankly, scares me to death. It makes me wonder just how many more Americans would have become victims of terrorists.

My current fear is that all of our troops will be brought back home too soon and following that . . . .Iraq will be taken over by other neighboring countries and will become a safe haven for terrorist. . . . .Resulting in more terrorist attacks on our own soil. We can't even seem to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their lives in a decent amount of time, what on earth would we do if war and destruction should hit this country.

0 comments: