Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Garden Growing . . . . .

I am soooo excited. Rusty and I went walking around our flower bed and vegetable garden, and the plants and vegetables are growing like CRAZY!!! I just LOVE IT!

The only problem we have been having with the garden right now is trying to keep our dogs out of the garden. I am already limiting their time outside. Any other ideas??????

We are going to have to get a new freezer when harvest time comes because back in November when we moved here, the movers dropped our freezer and broke it. LOL! OH well . . .you do whatcha haveta do. LOL!

This is Harrison and Darcy's last week of school and they have already been informed that they will be helping to weed the garden as well as other duties. For some reason, they are not very happy about this plan. They would rather do nothing but the fun things like play in the pool, jump on the trampoline, swing, play video games . . . .etc . . . I guess they will just have to be upset with us because Rusty and I Both feel that having chores around the house is important for children. Hopefully they will realize that the harder they work on their chores, the more fun they will get to have in the end.

I will try to remember to take some pictures of our lil baby garden and I'll post them here.

0 comments: