Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pieces of Me . . . . .

In early December, 2001 we found out that I was pregnant with our third child. Since we had not planned on having any more children, we call him our "Happy Lil Surprise!"

In January, 2002 my older sister by 2 years, (who was only 37 at the time), found out that she had breast cancer. My heart sank when she told me. She was basically the only immediate family that I had left, (and my Best friend after my husband), and now I was scared to death of loosing her too.

It was a very hard time in our family with me being pregnant and my sister going through surgery and chemo therapy and all of the side effects that go along with it. I have to say though that my sister is one of the bravest people that I know. She only cried a little in the beginning, and then she became this tough fighter, and she continues to fight today.

My sister's husband obviously couldn't handle taking care of a cancer patient. He began having an affair which continues to this day. My sister refuses to get a divorce, because she still believes that their marriage can be saved. So she and my niece live alone and her husband has visitation with their daughter.

My sister is now a 5 year cancer survivor and she will see my youngest child, Taylor, turn 5 this year. She has been through so much in her life. I pray every day that the Lord will shine his blessings down on her so that she may finally live a life of peace & happiness.

Lu

0 comments: