Sunday, April 15, 2007

Why Is It . . . . . . .?

Why is it that MOM always gets to be the "BAD GUY?"

Earlier today Rusty and I had a discussion about all the electronic games that our children play. I told Rusty that little-by-little, the kids have started playing some violent games that were originally purchased for my, "Big Kid," Rusty.

I stated that it is my opinion that we should ban the kids from playing these games because I feel that they make the kids of today less sympathetic or empathetic towards others. I also said that I didn't think that they should have Any games that Taylor, (our 4 year old), can't play. After all, they all play in each others rooms and any games would be too accessible to him.

Rusty agreed and he went to talk to Harrison about it. Harrison looked at Rusty and said, "You gave into her didn't ya?" Rusty said, "Noooooo! We discussed it and came to an agreement."

Now why is my child's first reaction to BLAME ME??????

What's Up With THAT??? LOL!

Lu

3 comments:

Roe said...

You ain't the bad guy!!!
The bad guy is whichever one of us don't let them have their way.

Unknown said...

I have 7 grown children who I am proud of - if I was the bad guy - so be it!

They didn't need another 'friend' they needed a person to look out for their body, soul and mind until they are able to do this on their own.

I'd do it all over again and maybe even be more strict!

But my kids have thanked me for it over and over again! (After they were older, of course!)

Take the blame - it has many rewards in the long run! They will bless you for it - eventually!

Isn't our job as parents to ward off evil - maybe that word is too severe - but certainly there are in todays world things that you want to keep away from children and even from yourself - to protect yourself from possible corruption. Decide what you value and put guards up to protect that!

I think you and Rusty made a very wise decision!

Lu said...

Awww! Thank you Joanne! It's nice to hear words of encouragement from another parent. :o)