Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jerry Falwell . . . . .

I think that it is sad the way that some are rejoicing over this man's death.

I do not believe that it is my place to judge anyone for their beliefs or choice of lifestyle.

It is also not my place, or the place of others, to judge those who DO think it is their place to pass judgement.

Mr. Falwell did appear to pass judgement on some people and their lifestyles. Obviously I believe that this is wrong, nevertheless, it is Still Not My Place, or the place of others, to pass judgement on Mr. Falwell. Judgement is to be left to God and God alone.

I believe in the loving, caring, and forgiving God.

I believe that God wants me to love and show compassion to all of his children, even if I personally disagree with their beliefs or lifestyles.

Mr. Falwell has family who loves him. Being a Christian or just a decent human being should demand that you show love and compassion to the man and especially his grieving family regardless of how much you might have disagreed with his views.

Lu

0 comments: