Wednesday, May 2, 2007

News Celebrities . . . . .

I have taken all of the news clips off of my blog because I simply don't trust any of them any more. I did, however, add the headlines from the Associated Press because I do want some news on my blog.

I used to trust FOX, but have recently added them to the rest of the news networks as having an agenda to fulfill when reporting the news. Personally, I am sick and tired of being fed garbage by the news networks and then having to dig through it to find the truth somewhere in all their spinning!

I remember a time when news people NEVER . . . .EVER gave their own personal opinion while reporting the news. It was the FACTS and JUST the FACTS. That is the way it should be again.

The public tends to look at the people who report the news as celebrities of sorts. When these so called "News Celebrities" give their opinions while reporting the news, they are unfairly influencing public opinion and it is WRONG.

Like it or not, the news networks are in a Very Powerful position due to their Unfair Influence on public opinion. People change political parties, people back a certain candidate, and people win and loose elections due to the Unfair Influence of the news networks.

With the upcoming 2008 Presidential Election, you will see that the news networks have their favorites and will attempt to influence the American Public to their way of thinking.

We ALL must be more careful in what we choose to believe and how we allow our opinions to be swayed while watching the news each day. I plan on doing a lot of self evaluation to make sure that my opinion is actually MY OWN and not one that was Fed to me by some "News Celebrity." I will also try to become more aware of when I am listening to the FACTS and when I am listening to someone's opinion being dressed up as Facts. We must All learn to tell the difference.

Lu

2 comments:

confessing7girl said...

really loved ur blog specially the template...so cute!! the colours r amazing too!!

Lu said...

TY very much! :o)