Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Response To My Letter . . . .

The following is a response from Senator Bob Corker to the letter that I wrote regarding illegal immigration.

Seeeeeeee . . . .You HAVE to let your Representatives know how you feel about important issues!

My Letter: Letters Sent . . .

__________________________________________________________


April 26, 2007

Mrs. Lu
*** ****** ***
Dyersburg, TN

Dear Mrs. Lu,

Thank you for contacting my office to share your concerns about comprehensive immigration reform. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

As you know, immigration is an issue that deserves in-depth attention. I am in favor of comprehensive immigration reform. This issue should be taken up on the floor of the United States Senate and should be discussed directly with all the options laid out on the table. Comprehensive immigration reform should provide real solutions in one specific piece of legislation rather than inadequately attempting to change things by passing hit and miss amendments to unrelated bills. I will work to ensure that the rights of our citizens are preserved and that just changes are made for the betterment of our state and country.

Controlling our borders and patrolling our points of entry are essential parts of combating the problem of illegal immigration. Additional resources, both personnel and technology, must be employed along our borders to provide an effective deterrent against illegal entrants.

We also need to make sure that we allow people to work here, but only if they're legal. We need instant employer certification so employers know if people they're hiring are legal, and punish employers who hire illegal workers. I do not support amnesty. I also believe that all immigrants who want to become American citizens must learn the English language.

Thank you again for your letter. When this issue is brought before the United States Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me over the next six years.



Sincerely,
A

Bob Corker
United States Senator


Initials/kr

0 comments: