Monday, April 9, 2007

A Lovely Day . . . . . . .

We had a Wonderful Easter Sunday Yesterday.

We drove about 2 hours south, just past Memphis, to the home of Rusty's sister. We thought that it was going to be a small gathering, but when we got there we discovered it was more of a Family Reunion for Rusty's family. LOL!

After a Huge lunch, we all filtered outside where the kids went out onto the peer over the pond to fish, (the fish were thrown back after being caught), while the adults walked around the Huge yard and enjoyed an all around great visit.

Once the fishing became a bit of a bore for the kids, it was time to hide around 130 eggs for the younger children. Most of the eggs were candy filled plastic eggs with just a few real eggs mixed in. Poor lil Darcy didn't want to hunt eggs at first because the last time that she hunted for eggs at school, she didn't find a single one because the other kids would race her to the eggs when she found them and she was so embarrassed. Darcy is such a shy and polite child that I'm not surprised that she would back out of the way if she thought that another child was going for the same egg that she was. Once, during one of her very first basketball games, she told me that she just couldn't try to take the ball away from the other girls because she thought that it was just RUDE!! LOL! Yes . . .we had to have a serious discussion on this! LOL! After talking to her a bit and assuring her that she would have a Great Easter Egg Hunt this year . . .she finally agreed . . .and Guess what . . .Mom and Dad were Right! She had a GREAT Time and found a ton of eggs!

After the hunt was over all of the kids started taking turns riding a small 4-wheeler slowly around the yard, usually 3 at a time. It didn't concern me much because they were going slowly and they were staying within eyesight of the adults. Rusty and I were visiting with his cousin when I happened to look up to see my three children riding the 4-wheeler. Taylor was in the front, Harrison was in the middle and driving and Darcy was in the back. THIS did concern me because I knew that Harrison had never driven a 4-wheeler before. Rusty and I both started walking towards them and putting up our hands, trying to motion Harrison to stop. Well I guess he thought we were calling him to us, so he sped up and with a turn too sharp, he tipped the dang thing over, throwing all of them onto the ground. Rusty & I took off running, (I ran right outta my shoes! LOL!). When we got there . . .Darcy was Laughing, Harrison had jammed his thumb and was a bit worried about how much trouble he might be in and poor lil Taylor was scuffed up on his face and side, scared to death and crying huge crock tears. I scooped him up and he squeezed my neck so tight I don't believe that he could have been pried loose.

Well . . .After all of this excitement . . .Rusty and I were both ready to call it a day and come home. So we started the Hour & a Half long goodbye as we made our way to the car. I love Rusty's family . . .but they so tickle me with the long goodbye thing. First you have to hug Everyone . . .then you have to visit a few more minutes . . . .then they feel like you have been there long enough that you have to hug and say bye all over again! LOL! OH . . .and it doesn't help when we are almost ready to get into the car and Taylor asks, "Mama, can I show everyone my new cars?" Of course I said yes . . . .and he dumps around 50 cars out on the ground for everyone to see. LOL! Well, this reminded Rusty's 25 year-old nephew, Andy, that he had a box full of old match-box cars, from when he was a small child, in the back of his truck. So he went and got them out of his truck and gave them to Taylor. These old cars are such a treasure to Taylor. He has played with nothing else since Andy gave them to him. What a great young man Andy is. He has always been so good with my kids.

An Overall Fantastic Day . . .With only one lil Uh-Oh! LOL!

Lu

2 comments:

Roe said...

I really enjoyed out trip too. The food was great and you know how I love food!!
I really had a great time visiting with everyone too. I was nice to see everyone.
The kids really had a great time too!! They are looking forward to going back when we go to Tallladaga.

Lu said...

XX